How our online run sessions work
- Join the live Zoom coaching feed on a mobile device with headphones connected;
- The coach will lead you through the warm-up, which typically involves a number of exercises to slowly lift the heart rate, get warm and activate the key muscle groups before you head out on the run;
- During the warm-up, the coach will brief you on the running set you will be performing;
- Once the warm-up is complete, the coach will then give you about 5-minutes to get outside or onto the treadmill to run;
- Take your phone and headphones with you because the coaching feed continues during the run;
- The coach will lead you through the intervals with timings, music, cadence prompts and advice all the way;
- Once the main run set is complete, the coach will give you time to get back home; and
- The group will then perform a cool down and core exercises together.
Monday Night (6pm) – Intervals
Monday evening’s popular run session is coached by Tanya (Coach Profile). Its appeal lies in the fact it is simply a lovely group of people out there having fun, working hard and striving to improve.
This Intervals session is very varied but the common theme is it involves short higher intensity intervals looking to develop speed and fitness. This is a fantastic session if you are relatively knew to running or perhaps don’t have absolute confidence in your fitness just yet.
Thursday Evening – Tempo
Thursday’s session is led by Matt (Coach Profile) and is one for those wishing to get quicker with some specifically designed intervals to help you lift your aerobic threshold and run harder for longer.
The coaching feed for this session continues all the way through the session, so take your phone and some headphones with you and Matt will lead you all the way through the intervals with timings, music, cadence prompts and advice as you run.
Saturday Morning – Strength Endurance
Saturday’s session is led by Rich (Coach Profile) and is focused on Strength Endurance. This means a largely endurance focused session broken up with short bursts of intensity and recovery on the move.
This session is perfect for those not used to interval training who would like to introduce intensity slowly or those looking to build their base endurance but like a bit of structure to keep it interesting.
The coaching feed for this session continues during the run intervals, so take your phone and some headphones with you and Rich will lead you all the way through the session with timings, music, cadence prompts and advice as you run.
Joining our sessions
Step 1: Purchase RIAK ONLINE membership or sign-up to a no obligation 1-month FREE trial
Step 2: Download the Zoom app (only a FREE account is required)
Step 3: Book onto a session via the booking portal in the Members Area
Step 4: Use the links in the email circulated shortly before class to join the session
Want to try a session?
Fancy giving one of our Online Run Club sessions a go to see what they’re like? Click the thumbnail below and you can stream one of our Thursday evening sessions.
So that you can take the coaching feed out with you, you will need to stream it on your phone and have headphones connected.
Otherwise, it’s very simple to follow!