This plan is designed for someone that has perhaps endured a bit of a lay-off from training and is looking to build back to fitness before embarking on a full speed triathlon training plan (see RIAK COACHING page).
It is important to remain disciplined and build your training volume slowly when getting back into it because this is when you are most at risk of getting injured. We see it often when athletes get back into training and due to the excitement of being back, ramp up the volume much too quickly and their soft tissue etc. simply can’t develop at the same rate.
This plan seeks to help you back into training and if you respect the recovery protocols and maintain consistency, the hope is that by the end of the 12-weeks, you will be ready to turn up the wick and train with full confidence. Note – consistency does not mean perfection and performing every session, it means consistently hitting the key sessions aligned with your goals, or in this instance, doing enough of each discipline to keep improving without accruing too much fatigue or injuring yourself.
What you will need?
In order to follow these plans, you will need:
– a Training Peaks account; and
– for the bike sessions, a turbo trainer which is either a smart trainer/bike or a basic trainer with a power meter on your bike.
We would recommend purchasing a Training Peaks premium subscription for the duration of this plan to enable you to move your sessions around to suit (within the recommendations above) and so that you can more easily interpret and collate your data in-line with the instructions in this plan.
Otherwise, best of luck with the plan and please ensure you look after yourself and don’t take any unnecessary risks with your safety, health or mental well-being.
TRY A 1-WEEK SAMPLE OF THE PLAN [CLICK HERE]
- Firstly, set yourself up with a free Training Peaks account if you don’t already have one – Training Peaks
- Pick the plan you would like to do from the dropdown above
- Once you have ordered the plan, you will receive a confirmation email, which will contain a link asking you to add us as your coach on Training Peaks
- Click the link and add us as a coach and we’ll import the plan into your Training Peaks account
- Then off you go!