The Annex is located in Charlbury, which is a charming little village nestled in the Cotswolds. It’s about 40-minutes from Oxford and only 15-minutes from Blenheim Palace, which would make this little AirBnB the perfect basecamp for anyone doing Blenheim Palace Triathlon.
Rob and Linda are AirBnB ‘Superhosts’ and cyclists themselves and have pretty much every tool, pump and gizmo you could need in case of any issues.
The Annex is the ideal place to stay if you want quiet country roads for quality bike mileage and a diverse range of trails for running.
They get booked up quick so head to the listing to check out prices and availability.
Serre Des Ormes is located in the Hautes-Alpes in Provence…France. It is honestly paradise! The Meouge valley in which the B&B sits is absolutely stunning, plus, this area pretty much guarantees sun!
It is also a cyclist/triathlete’s nirvana with cols in abundance, challenging mountain trails for running and a reservoir not too far away for wetsuit swimming.
A stay with Paul and Kate would include all of the following:
- 7-nights’ accommodation – there are 2 twin/double rooms and 1 group room sleeping up to 4;
- breakfast including fresh eggs plucked straight from the bum of the B&B’s own chickens (yes, we know science);
- evening meals sat outside on the terrace with free flowing wine and home baked cakes for 6 of the nights;
- group transfer from Marseilles airport to the accommodation;
- the B&B isn’t far from the base of Ventoux, and should you wish, a supported ascent can be arranged;
- a 15m pool for practising drills or cooling down after a session/sunbathing;
- a secure garage for the bikes, kit etc; and
- there is a nearby spa facility, which could be nice for anyone desiring some post-session treatment (not included in the price below).
Musette is exactly how a cycling café should be! Sat just outside the pretty village of Aldbury in the Chiltern hills, it offers three key cycling café ingredients: 1) it is off the road on a farm so there is plenty of safe space to park your bike; 2) the coffee is really bloody good; and 3) they do not skimp on the cake portions at all!
The location of Musette is also fantastic as it sits at a bit of a crossroads in terms of terrain. Head north and you have the flatter roads of Aylesbury vale, head South or West and you have the entire length of the Chiltern hills to play with!
Musette are also always putting on cool events with some big names in the biz, so keep an eye on their social and website.
Phil is an incredibly knowledgeable and practical bike fitter. He knows exactly what he needs to do, pretty much from just looking at you on a bike and there’s no surprise the likes of Anna Henderson always go back to him.
He obviously has all the tools and gadgets he needs but Phil’s main source of information comes simply from talking to you, understanding your needs and finding the best compromise he can with the raw materials at his disposal (you and your bike).
Unusually for a bike fitter, he is also very responsive and quick to provide additional pieces of advice, such as saddle selection, should you need it.