In this plan we’re all about taking you to the limit of your aerobic capacity and giving it a good old shake! The core of the plan is focused on the ‘To The Limit’ coached sessions (see below), which are designed to be a challenging mix of Threshold and Vo2max focused work. Hence, the goal of taking you to the limit of your aerobic capacity, because once you go beyond Vo2max power, your muscles are working almost entirely anaerobically. Our goal is to raise this tipping point.
The remainder of the plan is then constructed to balance out those ‘To The Limit’ workouts to ensure you are backing up this ‘strength’ focused work with plenty of low intensity training and a splash of anaerobic work.
All of it together should provide the perfect recipe for a nice jump in FTP!
Each ‘To The Limit’ session is accompanied by a coaching video we would recommend setting up to run at the same time as the relevant session. The coaching video is intended to give you a fuller understanding of the purpose of each ‘To The Limit’ session and to help improve your training knowledge.
Who is this plan suitable for?
We view this plan as the next step from our 12-week FTP Builder Plan and therefore, requires a decent level of fitness. We would suggest it is most suitable for those with an FTP of 3 watts/kg for men and 2.5 watts/kg for women.
What you will need?
In order to follow this plan, you will need:
– a Training Peaks account; and
– a turbo trainer which is either a smart trainer/bike or a basic trainer with a power meter on your bike; and
– access to some sort of training platform over which to run the sessions. Our recommendation would be RGT Cycling.
We would recommend purchasing a Training Peaks premium subscription for the duration of this plan to enable you to move your sessions around to suit (within the recommendations above) and so that you can more easily interpret and collate your data in-line with the instructions in this plan.
Otherwise, best of luck with the plan and please ensure you look after yourself and don’t take any unnecessary risks with your safety, health or mental well-being.
- Firstly, set yourself up with a free Training Peaks account if you don’t already have one – Training Peaks
- Once you have ordered the plan, you will receive a confirmation email, which will contain a link asking you to add us as your coach on Training Peaks
- Click the link and add us as a coach and we’ll import the plan into your Training Peaks account
- Then off you go!